The materials used to make spectacle frames can be roughly divided into four categories: metal frame materials, plastic frame materials, natural frame materials, and mixed frame materials. The following is an introduction to the materials of commonly used spectacle frames:
The material of the metal frame
1. Copper-nickel alloy
An alloy of copper and nickel, commonly known as cupronickel. Lightweight and slightly less corrosion resistant, it is used in lower-priced spectacle frames and most sunglasses.
2. Nickel-chromium alloy
Nickel and chromium alloy, commonly known as new alloy or alloy. Very good toughness, heavy material, less elasticity, and very good corrosion resistance. It is used in middle and high price spectacle frames.
3. Pure titanium, titanium alloy, Beta titanium
Pure titanium, titanium alloy, Beta titanium. The material is very light, tough, elastic, and corrosion resistant. It is used in middle and high price spectacle frames.
4. Aluminum alloy
Aluminum alloy, commonly known as aluminum alloy. Used for high-priced and high-priced spectacle frames. The material is very light, poor toughness, poor elasticity, and good corrosion resistance.
5. Memory alloy
An alloy of titanium and cobalt, commonly known as memory metal. Used for the modeling of simple lines. The material is very light, tough, elastic, and corrosion resistant.
6. Stainless steel alloy
An alloy of nickel and chromium steel, commonly known as stainless steel. Strong toughness, good elasticity, and good corrosion resistance. Use line-shaped spectacle frames.
Material of the plastic frame
1. Nitrocellulose: It is made by nitrifying cotton fiber and petroleum by-products, commonly known as celluloid. The weight, toughness and elasticity are all poor, but the flammable danger is high, the corrosion resistance is only easy to deteriorate after weathering. It is rarely used in the market.
2. Cellulose acetate: It is made from cotton fiber and petroleum by-products and vinegared, commonly known as ACETATE, sheet material or material board. Light weight, good toughness and elasticity, many styles and colors, and excellent corrosion resistance. They are widely used in the market.
3. Epoxy resin: commonly known as epoxy resin, OPTYL. Very light weight, poor toughness, easy to break, good elasticity, many color changes, and good corrosion resistance.
4. Carbon fiber: plastic with carbon powder, partly with nylon to enhance its toughness, commonly known as CARBON, carbon fiber. Very light weight, good toughness with nylon part, good flexibility, little change in style and color.
5. Memory transparent nylon: TR90, can be processed by general thermoplastic molding methods. High transparency, high hardness, super toughness, not easy to break, impact resistance, high temperature resistance, good corrosion resistance, light texture, and special memory function. Mainly used in various kinds of glasses frame products.
Natural frame material
It is made from bamboo with high density. Light weight, strong toughness, corrosion resistance, only after use, it is easy to be eroded and polluted by sweat and secretions. Bacteria multiplies, moldy and deteriorates to produce peculiar smell. They are all handmade and have a high sense of value. It is currently one of the environmentally friendly glasses frame materials.
It is made from high-density wood processing. Light weight, poor toughness, poor elasticity, corrosion resistance, but after use, it is easy to be contaminated by sweat and secretions. Bacteria multiplies, moldy and deteriorates to produce peculiar smell. They are all handmade and have high value. It is currently one of the environmentally friendly glasses frame materials.
It is made from high-density horns. Heavy weight, poor toughness, poor elasticity, and good corrosion resistance. They are all handmade and have a high sense of value. It is currently the only spectacle frame material made from corner shells.
4. Honey wax, amber
It is made from fossil processing of resin. Lightweight, slightly less tough, good elasticity, and good corrosion resistance. It is regarded as auspicious sacred product in religion and belief, and it is complicated and hand-made. Because of its scarce output, it has a high sense of value. It is a natural material that replaces the tortoiseshell material.
Material of the mixing frame
1. Metal material + plastic material
2. Metal materials + natural materials
#Metal frame glasses
#plastic frame glasses
#Natural bamboo frame
#Mixing frame glasses